My Own Version Of The Brotherhood Of Evil Mutants


I admit, I don't really always go by the comics (or by the Manga) most of the time. IMHO, I thought about how the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants get altered in one media after the other. Perhaps the most common changes are like making Magneto and Mystique allies which wasn't in the comics or how often Juggernaut goes from a mystically empowered villain to an X-Gene mutant. So what changes would I do based on the comics AND the adaptations that follow?

I was rewatching Pryde of the X-Men and I thought of a number of ideas that I wish made it into the 90s X-Men cartoon. Toad was featured there but he wasn't an active member of the Brotherhood. I actually like the idea of White Queen being a part of the Brotherhood of Mutants together with Mystique and Juggernaut. I thought Juggernaut would have actually developed more conflict if he were actually working with Magneto -- giving Professor Xavier more development as he must deal with both his best friend and stepbrother as they threaten mankind with their Darwinian philosophy.

So would be the members of my mixed Brotherhood of Mutants? No, I won't put "evil" there but I'd actually put the members with Magneto as the leader, Mystique as the second-in-command like in most adaptations, make Toad more competent while Blob becomes the same stupid villain that he is, Juggernaut as a brute force enforcer, Avalanche and Pyro are still close friends and maybe other added members in my version would also include Mastermind (who would later join the Hellfire Club with Emma Frost), Sabertooth (which he will serve as the father of not just Graydon Creed but also Nightcrawler) and maybe other former members will include Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Polaris and Rogue -- which will also include that Magneto and not Mystique masterminded Rogue's full absorption of Miss Marvel's powers.

Comments