One Beef I Have Against Mortal Kombat X: I Want Animated Endings And Theater Mode

Mortal Kombat X is supposedly MK4/Gold improved in many ways. For instance, we've finally have a Goro vs. Goro battle in the arcade ladder rather than where the PS1 version of MK4 and MK Gold just FAILED to do that for some glitchy reason that you ended up fighting Shinnok TWICE. Stupid huh? Though I do have my beef to why Goro was made a pre-order DLC or paid DLC -- I still thought Goro's gameplay implementation was improved in spite of that minor triviality once you've gotten MKXL instead of MKX.


Another thing I want to think about is my desire for cinematic endings and a theater mode. Yes, only if we can see all those magnificent cutscenes in MKX's Story Mode in theater mode together with ANIMATED character endings. I was thinking that the whole Faction Wars concept is probably one weakness I'd count against. Not only did it punish people for simply not playing and participating (and right now, penalize me all ya want baby because I've got my life to live) -- I also thought that the Faction Kills were a waste of space. Come on, we've already have the Brutalities and Fatalities so why add the Faction Kills? I think it's a waste of space if you ask me!

Here's what I thought could have been done. Netherrealm's developers could have just gotten rid of Faction Wars while still having the Living Towers or just do without the Living Towers entirely. The game already has a lot of rich offline content such as Endless Tower, Survival Tower, Test Your Might Tower and the traditional Arcade Mode. You've got a badass Krypt! So if they decided to devote more budget for CGI endings... then you can imagine how it'd be cool if Mortal Kombat once again had them!

Just imagine a CGI scene where Liu Kang actually paid homage to Jin Kazama's ending through a CGI ending. I could imagine a scene where Liu Kang in his Dark Emperor costume marches in to sit at his throne. You have demons and the other Revenant characters that weren't restored lining up and saluting him as he proceeds to sit on his throne. He then sits down with an evil grin -- similar to Jin's ending in Tekken 5. Other imagined stuff I could have is like seeing Goro's ending where he sits on Outworld's throne having Kotal Kahn and Mileena at his feet and he orders their execution. Perhaps, one scene I'd like to imagine being fully animated is Sub-Zero and the Lin Kuei riding frost dragons while defending Earth from flying demons. 

Why Netherrealm why? 

Comments