Liu Kang Reveal And I'm Hyped!

So okay, here's Liu Kang arriving and somehow I'm kinda upset that the younger version doesn't look like a younger Robin Shou -- I mean didn't we have Brigitte Wilson, the late Trevor Goddard and Linden Ashby as the basis for the models of Sonya Blade (and in extension, Cassie), Kano and Johnny Cage? Liu Kang's aged form looks like an aging Shou so why not use the younger Shou's appearance for well the younger Liu Kang here?

Tthe trailer hype is there. I don't like how less scary the Revenant Liu Kang costume has become based on the story trailer though. I think about seeing the latest videos where he has his nunchucks further giving him the Bruce Lee reference all the while making him the Chinese version of Ryu. Like Ryu, he's got a friendly rival (Kung Lao is Mortal Kombat's Ken) and they were beating off big-time antagonists (Shao Kahn and M. Bison/General Vega) then one unique feature is the darker side. Mortal Kombat could've created a separate character known as Evil Liu Kang if you ask me!

So what's with my favorite character right now? I hope that the Revenant Costume will be Krypt unlockable or better his default costume. The whole interaction of past Liu Kang seeing his evil and corrupted form should be interesting. Not that Kung Lao is not in it. Just imagine if both Ryu and Ken end up passing into the future to meet themselves fully transformed into Evil Ryu and Violent Ken. Meanwhile, I am pretty impressed by his "fist of fury" fatality which really somewhat helps define him as a kung fu warrior!

Comments