My Concerns For Aladdin 2019

It's just a few days before Aladdin 2019 will screen in theaters. But now, I have a lot of concerns which should be WTF Disney why are we just getting BLAND REMAKES? Maybe, I can forever just say, "Well I can tolerate Naomi Scott as Jasmine looking like the Goddess of Mercy." but there's more than that with the following...

Bland remakes or covers of the classic songs. The digital age is supposedly there to help things out but what happened. No, I have nothing against Zayn Malik and Will Smith -- it's more of whoever was behind them just didn't direct it well. Is it me or is it just nostalgic sickness? Personally, I think I have it with Beauty and the Beast (2017) because I hold dear the 90s classic! But again the Prince Ali cover and the remake of A Whole New World makes me rewatch the old school scenes!

I could talk about Jafar next. From a rather unattractive Gaston who looks like Jafar -- now we've got a HOT Jafar who could've made a better Gaston which makes me wonder what is going on, Disney? Luke Evans himself looked too much like Jafar to be Gaston and this Jafar looks more like he's suited to be Gaston! Evans felt like he should be singing the Prince Ali reprise than "Kill the Beast" or lusting after Princess Jasmine than Belle. I just feel like laughing at the depiction of an incredibly attractive Jafar. It's almost like the 1957 Frollo -- Alain Cuny looked too good for the part. Frollo was supposed to be pale and sickly -- not a rugged, good looking man!

What are your thoughts before it screens this May 24, 2019?

Comments