Did Miharu's Selfie Inspire's Cassie Cage's Bloody Selfie?

One move that I didn't notice was in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was Miharu's hidden selfie move. Granted, I'm no Miharu player so it's no surprise that I missed it, right? The move involves her doing a selfie before her opponent falls down. I was thinking that considering Mortal Kombat has been copying ideas from the Tekken franchise (such as Onaga being obviously a nod to True Ogre) - the reboot then took the idea of one button per limb. MKX would later even create an obvious Ancient Ogre knockoff (though he ended up in the side of good most of the time and was no villain) called Kotal Kahn. 


As if making the rebooted version of Sonya Blade look more like Nina Williams from Tekken wasn't enough - I think to give her daughter Cassie a bloodier version of Miharu's selfie was something. Only this time - Cassie only does it as fatality while Miharu did it as a special move. I still can't help but laugh at how Cassie bloodily ripped off Miharu's selfie into a finishing move!

Comments