Honor Blackman Could've Made A Good Hera For 'Hercules The Legendary Journeys'

A bit of a nostalgic trip also made me think of various older people playing as the gods in Hercules - The Legendary Journeys. Zeus was played by the late Anthony Quinn and the late Charles Keating. Meg Foster would later be Hera. However, as popular as the series was, I'm always annoyed by Hera who only spoke through a pair of disembodied eyes. Ares later got his human form and more menacing presence in the late Kevin Smith. Hera was put in the background like she always does. Now, it had me thinking that Honor Blackman herself (since she's a few years younger than Keating) could've also made a good Hera in the same show.

Watching the old-school version of Jason and the Argonauts from the 1960s makes me think of how Blackman herself could still cause trouble to Hercules as Hera. Blackman had a very magnificent presence as the queen of the gods. Although I would still say Foster is the best Hera ever (and I wish she acted as the same goddess in many more projects to come) BUT I don't see any reason why the beautiful old woman that's Blackman couldn't provide the presence of Hera. It's still scary to think about how Blackman's Hera could give such a magnificent presence.

How and where did I wish Blackman made her appearance? Many times, I wish Hera appeared in person to give orders rather than just appear as a pair of eyes. I think Hera's angry face should've been shown when she punished Nemesis for the latter's hesitation to destroy Hercules. I think Hera should've shown herself to Callisto as well. There's many situations where Hera revealing herself would be more appropriate. She could've also show herself with Smith as Ares in later episodes too.

Too bad this never happened!

Comments