Megaman Legacy Collection Is Getting Revenge On The NES Megaman Games?

It's no secret that I'm a Megaman fan. I remembered having the Rockman games on the NES (3, 5, and 6) and later played most of the other games on the PS2's Megaman Anniversary Collection where an easy mode made the brutal difficulty simpler for revenge. Well, there's also the Megaman Legacy Collection which contains the first six games on the NES along with a series of challenges. So, what's up with this game? You can consider the game is somewhat of a revenge game in a way.

I remembered how earlier Megaman NES games were known for their extreme difficulty. Who can remember the irritating vehicle rides in Gutsman's stage or the irritating laser cannons in Quickman's stage? While the easy mode (or rookie mode for Megaman X Legacy Collection) is virtually absent for Megaman Legacy Collection but there's one cool new feature. Remember how you wanted to save at the exact spot? Well, there's that trick where you hit the center pad of the PS4's controller and save any time you want. This one had me easy getting my revenge especially on Megaman 2 which I considered being a rather unforgiving game. A lot of areas in Megaman 2 required pixel perfect and the bosses will throw you back to face enemies again. Like WTF man. The absence of rookie mode made the nice "save anytime you want" feature a very welcome addition due to the game's brutal difficulty.

So, it was finally time to get even with Megaman 2 with how it tortured me back then in the Anniversary Collection. I could consider the whole fortress stages to be that frustrating aside from Quickman's laser cannons. What I did enjoy was actually saving before the first fortress boss fight, saving after every successful laser cannon evade (and it's still THAT frustrating), and maybe before that annoying third boss that required EXTREME ACCURACY. Well, it was satisfying to troll the game that I think is just overrated and overappreciated by the fandom.

Then one could consider taking revenge on the last three NES Megaman games. Those games introduced two fortresses and the password only brought you to the first of the two fortresses. Like, I found that screwed up before if you ask me. Then again what do you expect with the limitations of the NES back then? I bet there wasn't enough memory for a password for the second fortress! Here's that problem decades ago gets bypassed because of the unusually helpful save system.

Just my two cents!

Comments