Some Stuff MK11 And MKX Had I Wish Were In MK9

If you ask me I dunno what's wrong with modern gaming these days. I already bought the disk and I have to pay an extra USD 40.00 for the Aftermath pack? Well, I could pay for it but wouldn't it be too costly? I freaking bought the game already! Anyway, there's also FREE upgrades which will involve the return of Stage Fatalities (Like what took you SO LONG, Netherrealm?) and the return of Friendships. Now, I decided to talk about stuff I wish were in MK9 way before this game.

The most obvious has to be that I wanted Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa to be the voice of Shang Tsung in MK9. Consider the fact that Shang Tsung's battle cry was ripped off straight from the Mortal Kombat movie last 1995. Shang Tsung's youthful appearance almost looks like Tagawa's character from The Phantom namely Singh. If Kano looks like the late Trevor Goddard then I wonder why Tagawa's appearance too so long to be integrated? Tagawa himself could've said some lines from the movie such as, "Now for a taste of things to come..." at the beginning.

Friendships are returning. TBH while I did enjoy MK9 but I can't help but do minor nitpicks even for games that I love. MK9 had the return of Babalities which served as the game's Humiliation technique. Characters turned into babies and humiliated themselves. However, I'd rather have the silly friendships if they wanted something funny to poke fun at the censors. I could care less about the Babalities in MK9. We could've had the return of classic friendships based on which was most iconic like Liu Kang's dance moves.

Maybe, I could add I wished a weaker version of Shao Kahn (together with weaker versions of Goro and Kintaro) were playable. MK11 had Shao Kahn as a playable (and pre-order special) DLC character. This Shao Kahn was nerfed down so he wouldn't be too powerful. Remember that Tekken Tag Tournament 2 did with Jinpachi? Jinpachi's fireball was nerfed down so it could only do quarter damage and made it even harder to perform. A nerfed down Kahn was fun to play as and against (in vs. CPU) where I love to humiliate him way more often than not. If there was a playable and non-playable version of Shang Tsung then why not the other three bosses? I mean, I'd still want to actually play as depowered versions of the bosses.

The other stuff would be more superficial. Personally, I also wished MK9 had the Player vs. CPU option where you can play against matches you want to have. I mean, I'd love to torture Shang Tsung many times as possible by uppercutting the MOFO into The Pit using Liu Kang. Sadly, I could only do that in 2 player mode.

Anyway, just some weird nitpicks!

Comments