Wacky Post: Why I Felt Zoey Reeves Is A Better Character Than Yoko Usami

Henshin Grid

I remembered writing my rant on Beast Morphers' good points and missed potential. I must also confess that I ended up enjoying neither Ryusoulger nor Beast Morphers in the long run. I've prepared some random rants between Beast Morphers and its source material Go-Busters. I felt I wanted to make this an individual WACKY post that I want to write for fun. It's known that I dislike Power Rangers but I ended up watching a few seasons. I did drop Megaforce due to how dull it is (and better rewatch Shinkenger instead for eye candy plus plot) and I ended up dropping Dino Charge since I'm no fan of Kyoryuger either. Ninja Steel just plain sucks since Victor and Monty make Takaharu look like a genius. I decided to check out what Hasbro could do with Beast Morphers and there are still some good points. It's like how I think Lightspeed Rescue's calm leadership approach is better than having a Drill Sergeant Nasty.

I think about how Yasuko Kobayashi tends to have stiff characters in some of her shows. Timeranger is one of them and some characters can be quite unlikable such as how Yuuri is a stuck-up b*tch or how Naoto Takizawa is pretty much that douche. Go-Busters ends up with Kobayashi trying to get back to stiff-faced characters like she did with Timeranger. Why Kobayashi did do what she did with both Timeranger and Go-Busters. She had lively characters in Gingaman and Shinkenger. Heck, I'm not even surprised that some people (which I think has a good share of fans of Power Rangers) think Shinkenger is Kobayashi's masterpiece! However, Judd Lynn does manage to give in to some livelier characters like he did with Time Force such as making Jennifer less tense than Yuuri. I think Lynn also did the same approach with how Zoey is a lively character in contrast to Yoko.

Yoko, like Yuuri, tends to come out to be a stuck-up b*tch. Meanwhile, Zoey ends up appearing to be lively and gets along with the others easily. Zoey starts out as the cleaning lady who became a Power Ranger. True, I could still rant on and on about how Morph-X should've been its own source of energy and not from the Morphin' Grid. Zoey ends up becoming more and more a likable character. I'm saying that even when I still dislike Power Rangers. I feel like Zoey is probably another reason (shallow as it is) that makes Beast Morphers worth sitting through. One reason is that Zoey is prettier than Yoko. Though, Megaforce still sucks even if Gia and Emma are prettier than the Goseiger girls. Zoey's a character who's beautiful inside-out making her stand out. It's pretty much like how you may fall for an ugly girl with a good heart. However, a pretty girl with a good heart tends to be a "better choice". 

Overall, I still think Go-Busters is the better show overall in spite of all its flaws. I still think the Gavan crossover episodes shouldn't have happened. Though, I'm not going to deny that Zoey's lively personality is more welcome. I could go on and rant at how I felt Beast Morphers' too predictable Evox is actually Venjix can be a weak point. I think Zoey's warmer personality can make her a better girlfriend than Yoko. Then again, this just sounds like my dumb tendencies to think Kimberly is better than Mei even when I'd still rewatch Zyuranger over Mighty Morphin'

Comments