I'm Giving B-Fighter A Shot

 


I remembered the weird oddity when the masterpiece Tokosou Janperson was aired alongside what I'd call the GARBAGE called Big Badly Done Beetleborgs. It did merit success since it did get its direct sequel with Beetleborgs Metallix. However, the big difference was that B-Fighter Kabuto had a new set of heroes while being a direct successor. I guess people never liked the idea of Kamen Rider BLACK RX being Kotaro Minami until Saban's Mashed Rider was just that bad. Back then, I even remembered the whole trailer that said, "With special guest Janperson." who was named as guest character Karato while Bill Goldy was Goldex. One must admit Janperson might be Robocop Lite BUT it wouldn't pass for a children's show on Fox Kids. 

Beetleborgs had children being fans of the comics and wished they became the heroes. Bad news as the Magnavores manages to escape. The story was different in B-Fighter with three youths. Takuya Kai is Blue Beet. Daisaku Katagiri is G-Stag. We have two Reddles namely Rei Hayama (who left because the actress GOT INJURED and focused on rehabilitation) and Mai Takatori who is a 19-year student in contrast to the once fully professional team. I saw some raw episodes back then and really must admit that one can NEVER understand Japanese raws if they never learned Japanese or have valid subtitles. What's important to know is that Daisuke Tsuchiya was in Gosei Sentai Dairanger and Shigeru Kani would return to Denji Sentai Megaranger as the sixth ranger.

It would be important to note Takashi Sasano has appeared as Professor Kenzo Mukai. Yes, Sasano was Gramps in that rather idiotic Shuriken Sentai Ninninger. If that series was only getting Vindicated by History because Power Rangers Ninja Steel was EVEN WORSE then it must be that bad. I feel both Ninninger and Ninja Steel are dumpster fire series. Yoshi Sudarso should've just visited Donnie Yen directly instead of having to meet the cast of Ninninger. Seeing Sasano in a better role has been relaxing. Sasano has been better used here than he was in Ninninger. I still feel Ninninger is one terrible series I'm better off NOT rewatching. 

So yeah, I do have to deal with my feelings like I had when watching more of the source material. Though, along the way, I ignored Power Rangers Lost Galaxy during my Seijuu Sentai Gingaman watch BUT ended up bashing the former after seeing the totally different Choshinsei Flashman. I'd admit that it's Chikyu Sentai Fiveman that I bash whenever I watch Kyukyu Sentai GoFoFive. Right now, I wonder if I would end up with those biased trips such as when I watched Chojinki Metalder making me disgusted with VR Troopers. I also feel Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers is no longer worth a rewatch after watching Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger.

Right now, I don't plan to pour out episode reviews like I did with Janperson. I've watched six episodes and it's better than Beetleborgs. Meanwhile, I should try to assess it WITHOUT thinking about Beetleborgs. Instead, it'd be best if I decided to finally assess it on its own. Was the show so good it deserved its less successful sequel B-Fighter Kabuto? Was Kamen Rider Kabuto meant to be a Mythology Gag to the two B-Fighter series? I'd like to really find out though I doubt I'd be able to check B-Fighter Kabuto. Hehe. 

Comments