My Thoughts On B-Fighter's Special Finale As A Possible Distraction

I heard from the comments that the B-Fighter special finale was made due to production delays with B-Fighter Kabuto. Just how true is that? I believe I'll give B-Fighter Kabuto a shot to see if it's as bad as Big Bad Beetleborgs or will I enjoy it like I do with Kamen Rider BLACK RX? I've watched what I call the "real finale" where Gaohm was finally destroyed, Gaohm leaves his legacy to the world with the Jamahl hole still going (reminds me of Ragorn's final trump card in Kosoku Sentai Turboranger) and how Blue Beet finally defeats Black Beet. Those were what I'd call the "regular episodes". I even feel that the true finale was where Blue Beet finally defeats Black Beet and the Jamahl hole destroyed. 

After that, we get two additional episodes. The setting is where Jamahl is finally defeated, the B-Fighters have their hot spring scene (which will NOT make it past TV-YY-FV), and how two previous shows were brought into the mix. I still feel that Blue SWAT was pretty much its own continuity as well as Tokosou Robo Janperson. Janperson had no any direct links to the Rescue Police Trilogy otherwise dialogue itself will give it. We would have dialogue like Bill Goldy making references to Iwao Daimon from Tokosou Exceedraft or the like. Instead, Janperson felt like its own continuity.

The finale does decide to bring Sorceress Jagul (who was used as Hypomaniac in Beetleborgs) and her becoming the Borgslayer. Sorceress Jagul revives several villains such as Mademoiselle M from Blue SWAT and Bill Goldy from Janperson. However, Sorceress Jagul betrays them both as she fuses with them and other villains to become an Eldritch Abomination of sorts. However, Jagul's overconfidence does destroy her as she develops one fatal weak spot. 

The closing part does have a Stage Show at the Toei Amusement Park. Was this a hit by the crew behind it that the two episodes were JUST A DISTRACTION? I would say yes since some Metal Hero series are obviously self-contained. It doesn't seem that Blue SWAT is directly connected to Janperson either. Janperson may have been intended to be connected to the Rescue Police Trilogy for all we know. Instead, some cast members of Exceedraft guested as different characters.  

Why wasn't it made into a special movie instead? I still feel mixing Janperson into B-Fighter was weird. It even allowed Saban Entertainment to make Janperson guest as Karato and Bill Goldy as Goldex in Beetleborgs. That was when I almost felt Saban could've been sued by Toei Ltd. Well, good thing I know about licenses so no matter how much I dislike the American remakes (such as Power Rangers) - I still emphasize that they can't be bootlegs. 

Pretty much, I feel this was also why Toei Ltd. made some non-canon Dragon Ball Z movies. It's all about having a distraction. The movies really can't be canon because of elements that can't fit in. I feel these two episodes feel the same way. 

Comments

  1. The reason I pieced it all out, is due to the air date of a first and final episode of Juukou B-Fighter. The first aired at February 5, and the last one aired at February 25 next year. If the filming issues haven't popped up, the final ep would've aired at the late January, or the early February. Cause the yearly show ends before the week it's first episode aired.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment