My First Impressions On B-Fighter Kabuto: It's Still WAY BETTER Than Really Bad Beetleborgs And Beetleborgs Metallix

I finished watching Juuku B-Fighter and I decided to check what was deemed a failure, B-Fighter Kabuto. I admit that there are a few shows that aren't popular but I enjoy them. Some of these shows are Kamen Rider BLACK RX (which I see as a necessary failure), Kosoku Sentai Turboranger, Chikyu Sentai Fiveman (though Kyukyu Sentai GoGoFive is miles better), and I could also say Kamen Rider Kiva was considered that low point in Toshiki Inoue's career. Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters initially didn't do well but somehow got vindicated by history. 

B-Fighter Kabuto is a direct sequel to B-Fighter. The setting is five years later. Unlike Beetleborgs Metallix - the show uses a different set of heroes. I guess the people from Toei Ltd. learned not to repeat the whole Kamen Rider BLACK to BLACK RX move. I guess I'm only enjoying BLACK RX more as an adult because Saban's Masked Rider was way worse. Takuya is now sidelined to make room for newer characters. There were even episodes where the previous heroes returned for a short crossover. I guess the show's really bad ratings caused Toei to make dumb moves huh?

The new generation lacks the charm of the previous set but try to be their own as wlel. For example, the main hero Kohei is really an obnoxious guy. Though, I feel Kohei's attitude has something to do with teenagers having that attitude problem. Kengo is pretty much the hero who isn't happy that the Kabuto powers never chose him but Kuwagar. Ran is an 18-year-old computer genius who I think is better than Mai from the previous series.

We have the Melzard Tribe which was somewhat related to the destroyed Jamahl. Is it me or did Saban have a habit of promoting certain villains when he adapted the show? A good example is how General Jack was but a subordinate while Count Dregon was the main villain in the failed Mashed Rider. In B-Fighter Metallix, Nukus was the undisputed leader of the Crustaceans while Raija is the eldest son of Mother Melzard. Here, the main villain is none other than the mess created in that messy final episode of Metallix. Mother Melzard is the true leader of the Melzard dinosaur tribe. Raija and his brother Dezzle are frequently hating each other. Miolra is a praying mantis-themed villain - something too out of place. We have Dord (who's a shell) who would remind some of the adviser-type creatures in the Showa era Super Sentai

Okay, I'll be very biased again. I guess it's the fact that Toei's original line just can't pass TV-Y7-FV standards. The stakes were high even for what would be a child's show in Japan. Yeah, I guess I miss those days when Toku did something that intense. Kamen Rider made an intense return but was soon toned down. Hyajakuu Sentai Gaoranger started making Super Sentai less intense with much less blood. Even the most serious series are not that serious. 

Eventually, Metal Hero would be canceled for a reason. What's even weirder is when Kamen Rider Kabuto is done 10 YEARS after the end of B-Fighter Kabuto. I guess Metal Hero is now basically this, "Canceled but not forgotten." In my case, I want to view Kamen Rider as the new Metal Hero in one way or another. 

Comments