So Mortal Kombat 12 Is Called Mortal Kombat 1?

I do have my gaming vibes dying. I did remember that while I could afford Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath but many stuff just suck. One of them was making Sindel EVIL ALL ALONG in the New Timeline. The storyline started where Past Liu Kang and Revenant Liu Kang into Fire God Liu Kang. Later, MK11 Aftermath had two possible endings. Would it be Fire God Liu Kang who starts a new era or will it be Shang Tsung? It turns out that Liu Kang won the new era. 

Fire God Liu Kang defeats Shang Tsung (who practically defeated Kronika OF ALL PEOPLE). Fire God Liu Kang starts a New Era in which he speaks to the original Great Kung Lao. Fire God Liu Kang was last seen talking to the Great Kung Lao to be his champion. We have Raiden who is now a mortal and a farmer. I still feel Raiden should've regained his divinity instead of turning into a mortal. We also see Scorpion, Sub-Zero (presumably Kuai Liang), Mileena, and Kitana in the trailer. 

What's no surprise is Shang Tsung's tenacity with his Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. MK11 really had it where Shang Tsung double-crossed both Shao Kahn and Sindel. Shang Tsung also devoured Kronika's soul into his system. Kronika was wise to shelve Shang Tsung due to that. However, Kronika wasn't too smart and was defeated eventually. Shang Tsung executes brutal fatalities (watch at your OWN discretion) before Fire God Liu Kang finishes him off. Even funnier is why is Shang Tsung a pre-order bonus?!

What's even more interesting is that there's also Tekken 8 and Street Fighter 6 to look forward to. In my case, I want to see this game focus more on fighting over violence. I did have my complaint that Mortal Kombat X and MK11 got more focused on gore over the story. I did enjoy MKX's gameplay but I think the story mode is really not that good. I also feel MK11's story is a huge mess and I'm wondering if the game was worth a pre-order. 

Meanwhile, I'm even wondering if Netherrealm has any plans to remaster or remake MK9. The game in itself deserves to return, unlike that superbly broken Mortal Kombat Trilogy. MK9 managed to correct almost everything wrong with MK Trilogy. I still think MK9 should NEVER become a forgotten game the same way MK Trilogy deserves to be. Yes, let MK1 be released but we still need MK9 to get remade or remastered though. 

Comments