Will Jun Kazama Get More Appreciation With Tekken 8?

I guess one of the most underrated or underappreciated characters is Jun Kazama. Canonically, she has only appeared in Tekken 2. The Tekken Tag Tournament games are NOT canon. I may have no plans yet to get a PS5, I also feel that Tekken 7 gives me a good reason t set a lower bar for Tekken 8. I really just hated how Tekken 7 had good gameplay but the Story Mode was plain disappointing IMHO (and the robotic narrator really ticks me off), there was lack of Single Player content, and there could've been a lot of cool stuff that would've made the wait worth it. Personally, if only the PS4 and PS5 have backward compatibilities! 

I wrote about how Jun is more important than you think. Sure, I'm liking Asuka Kazama as a next-generation character. I'd still dare say that my admiration for both Jun and Asuka is just like how I can like both Kenshi and his son Takeda in Mortal Kombat X. I think Asuka trying to stop Jin was a fun plot. However, I think Jun was sorely missing since she was supposedly dead before Tekken 3 began. It was also her who advised her son Jin Kazama to seek out Heihachi Mishima if anything should happen to her. Sure, careless choice, but we know it was an important role.

Tekken 2 had Jun fearlessly facing Kazuya. I heard that there was no intention to have a plot where Kazuya raped Jun. That was only a plot in the FAILED Tekken movie where Cary Hiroyoku-Tagawa's presence was probably the only redeeming thing. In the canon, it's not confirmed if Kazuya raped Jun or if they mutually did it. I still want to believe Kazuya raped Jun prior to the finals match. I want to believe that Kazuya wanted to have fun with Jun before killing her. However, Jun may have made it out alive and raise her illegitimate son born by rape.

Tekken 4 also gives Jun a cameo. Sure, Jun never returned BUT she does have a long influence on Jin. Jin started to unlearn Mishima-style karate in favor of traditional karate. Heihachi was planning to end the Mishima curse. However, a vision of Jun soon had Jin say, "Thank my mother Jun." after he didn't push through with murdering his father and paternal grandfather. I'd say that I may have disliked Tekken 4 - it's cool that Jun got referenced. She's really too important to be just forgotten. 

Tekken 5 is a great game that expanded on the Kazama bloodline. It does help explain why Jin doesn't become as evil as Kazuya. The Kazama bloodline apparently has the power to calm down the Devil Gene. This was evidenced when Asuka has an accidental incest moment with Jun. However, Jun still remained missing in the canon timeline for so long. 

Right now, I'm feeling nervous (because Tekken 8 might get into lazy hands). However, I want to see how Jun herself will unfold as she got revealed. 


Comments