Disney' New Progressive "Snow White" Leaks Are Just Plain Horrible

Disney is nothing but a bad joke now. People can go ahead and think I'm just bashing the Beauty and the Beast (2017) movie because Emma Watson isn't hot enough for Belle. Okay, maybe I am but I've been watching some Korean dramas where the actress isn't even pretty (ex. Shin Hye Sun who's obviously a smart girl). I looked at what's leaked out and am I even surprised. There's always this feeling of "Oh I'm so easily offended!" going on! The latest Snow White isn't even snow white at all. It's Latina actress Rachel Zegler.

I could start out that I had nothing against Halle Bailey as Ariel IF the Africanization was done right I did cite Happily Ever After: Stories for Every Child and how it remade a lot of stories into different settings. It had A Little Mermaid happen in Taiwan, The Emperor's New Clothes in Japan, and Beauty and the Beast in Africa. I think I'd probably have been interested to watch a black Ariel IF the whole story was re-imagined in Africa with a nearly-all black cast. Make King Triton and Ursula black. Make Prince Eric black and a tribal prince. Reimagine it in such a way that this Ariel is distinct from the original red-haired beauty who's white. Have Eric become a tribal prince instead. Have Ursula as the great Undersea Voodoo Witch. Disney failed to represent blacks by just having a few black characters in that film.

Now, Snow White's story is about a woman whose skin is so white. I was looking at many ways Snow White could be reimagined. However, making it with a woman who's NOT white is stupid. I could agree with race-flipping Beauty and the Beast in so many ways. I even could imagine if Beauty and the Beast were given a Chinese version and the Beast was made to look like a Chinese dragon-human hybrid. I could imagine making a Chinese Cinderella and having the name translated into Chinese. Snow White could've done something to flip the race without otherwise distorting the concept that Snow White was a girl with skin as white as snow, lips as red as blood, and hair as black as ebony!

If they wanted a better race flip for Snow White - why not transfer the whole story to CHINA if they want a Snow White who's not German? Maybe, give Snow White a Chinese name like Bai Xue in the film WHILE still releasing it as Snow White. Maybe, have any American-Chinese actress play the evil queen. Instead of the evil queen, Bai Xue's stepmother will be the evil Empress Dowager who's secretly into dark arts. The evil Empress Dowager can't stand her aging process AND seeks to kill Bai Xue for "usurping" her. There will also be seven dwarves who I'd imagine are Chinese farmers who run a snack shop. It's all about seven dwarves so get some dwarf actors! The poisoned apple can still work well and she can use Chinese sorcery to accomplish the job. 

I guess most American entertainment is such a joke these days. That's why I usually skip American entertainment like it's some kind of plague. I'm not anti-American but I ended up disliking most American shows. I feel my childhood's ruined by SJW stupidity as well. 

Comments