Another Canceled-Too-Soon Classic In "Galtar And The Golden Lance"

I guess there will always be wannabes, right? After Thundarr the Barbarian lasted for only 21 episodes - there was He-Man and the Masters of the Universe in 1981. Another cartoon that I may have fond memories of (and not so now) is Galtar and the Golden Lance. This was another show that lasted for only 21 episodes for some reason. The show created a double-bladed He-Man in Galtar. Galtar himself is aided by Goleeta and her younger brother Zorn.

There was this epic opening. We had the tyrant Tormack who usurped the throne of Bandisar. It's time to restore Goleeta to her rightful place. Tormac has possession of the Sacred Shield. With both weapons - Tormack could conquer beyond Bandisar and maybe the entire world. As a child, I always waited for that episode where Galtar will get both and finish off Tormac.

Years later, I decided to Google and find out, "WUT?" Should I be surprised that the show got canceled after 21 episodes? I really find it a bummer was that the show never gave us the finale. Why Hanna-Barbera did that was something to think about. I guess I'll never find the reason. IMHO, I think the show just lacked the popularity that He-Man had. I was even wondering if the show really ended because it just lacked popularity. 

I have speculated that the final episode was this. It's possible that the people behind the show NEVER thought the show would eventually get canceled. If so, they would've thought of wrapping things up in the last three episodes. Come on, what really happened? I could care less if Galtar ended with just 21 episodes if it had a proper finale. Instead, the whole project whent into Development Hell instead.  


Comments