MK1: Animalites Return But I Thought It Was A Lame Addition

Mortal Kombat 1 is even more bloated than its predecessor Mortal Kombat 11. Is it me or has gaming gone too far with microtransactions? Khaos Reigns is the new DLC pack like MK11: Aftermath followed up by MK11: Ultimate. Yes, greedy for money and no company is ever immune from it. I felt that MKX wasn't that excessive as the DLC stopped DURING its release of the complete edition. However, MK11 went too far and I only play the game if I want to pretend to be Shao Kahn. Right now, the return of Animalities is here. 

I played that extremely broken MK Trilogy back in the 1990s. Using that one-button fatality cheat -- I would seldom use animalities without using Mercy. Some animalities were in place but others were out of place. Reptile becoming a chimpanzee was just funny. Sheeva becoming a Scorpion but Scorpion becomes a penguin? Klassic Sub-Zero never got an Animality and either did the Klassic characters in that game. It was funny to use the one-button cheat while playing a character WITHOUT an Animality. However, I found them to be a big waste of space when I played the 3D era games. Even better, I was glad that MK (2011) not only made Motaro as The Unfought. MK (2011) didn't add Animalities and instead opted for Babalities. Sure, I wanted Friendships over Babalities. The Babalities returned where the defeated opponent suffered a Fate Worse Than Death.

MKII revolutionized everything from the first game -- by a huge mile! Liu Kang's Dragon fatality became a sensation. There was a rumor that Kuai Liang Sub-Zero could become a Polar Bear. However, that was dismissed and made a reality in the MK3 series. However, Animalities were removed and I felt they were a waste of space. In MK4/Gold -- it was nice to see Hanzo Hasashi Scorpion become a giant version of his animal namesake as a FATALITY. I was disappointed when MKX didn't give Hanzo Scorpion that fatality back. Come on, the PS4 has way more power than the PSX! WTF Netherrealm?

I'm more in favor of a FEW characters who can become an animal. Liu Kang was partly defined by his dragon fatality. I was glad to see MK (2011) give it as the second fatality. I feel Hanzo Scorpion becoming a giant scorpion was cool -- even if I don't play MK4 any more thanks to MKX. Seeing Kotal Kahn become a wild beast was cool. However, letting every character become an animal can be extremely cheesy. Maybe, it's because I preferred Friendships for funny finishers over Babalities and Animalities. I was glad MK11 brought back Friendships with a hilarious twist -- even if I wanted them in MK (2011)

Overall, I'm really being that starting to get fossilized gamer!

Comments