I Watched Little Shop Of Horrors Without Knowing It Was For An Older Audience

I remembered what it was to be a child -- watching cartoons because well "DUH! IT'S A CARTOON!" without realizing that there's such a thing as adult animation. If there wasn't only the hit 1980s movie Conan the Barbarian -- there was also the 1980s musical movie Little Shop of Horrors. I remembered enjoying the old school music and I still do today. 

But before that... I saw this...

Yup, there was the short-lived 1990s cartoon "Little Shop" which had Haim Saban and Marvel Productions involved in making a musical spin-off. Audrey 2 was a friendly monster plant and there was Seymour. Everyone was children but I remembered the whole shock I had in watching the 1980s movie because...

Audrey 2 was really a VILLAIN which was a shocker. I dunno which shocked me more between the blood and violence of the 1980s Conan the Barbarian or the occasional brutality of Little Shop of Horrors. Yup, there were deaths such as Mr. Mushnik, Orin Scrivelo (who died as a result of an overdose of laughing gas) and I didn't know that the original ending was that brutal. Also, the fact that Seymour CHOPPED UP Orin is just sick. Feeding the chopped body parts was just BRUTAL. Yeah, I know I can get pretty squirmish to blood but it was satisfying to see Orin getting fed to that giant plant. Though, the giant plant had to be destroyed before it occupied the world.

Comments