Is Crystal Liu As Hua Mulan Just Another Act Of Desperation?


I remembered writing about Emperor Palpatine's sudden appearance in The Rise of Skywalker. Now, I heard Disney is retconning Palpatine as a figurehead which is WTF in contrast to the Lucas Canon. Palpatine himself under the strings of a woman? Why do I smell SJW stupidity again? Now, I want to consider the Mulan (2020) film which may actually be nothing more than a desperate bailout. So, they did get a less hot Princess Jasmine in Aladdin (2019) which did work in some way. Personally, I prefer the less attractive Jasmine. Though I still think Naomi Scott should've been Mother Guan Yin Though people know how much I yap and yap about how Belle in Beauty and the Beast (2017) was nowhere near as hot as Beauty and the Beast (1991). I just think Emma Watson was definitely not a good choice. Come on Disney, are you blind?

I'd still consider this move a pathetic attempt at a bailout for Disney. So, I was wondering if they were thinking, "Okay, we didn't get a hotter Belle so why don't we get a hotter Mulan?" This version of Mulan is hotter than the 90s version. Crystal Liu is an attractive actress. I was wondering if Disney hoping to really just, "Well let's get Crystal and heap it all on her - hoping her hotness will bail us out!" It seems to be what's going on. Why aren't they now just focused on getting any Asian-American actress? Why her of all people? Granted, she's both Chinese AND American so she counts. Did they want to capitalize on her popularity of all things?

Though Crystal does have her credentials as to why she would make a good Mulan. Ever saw her in Wuxia films? She's beautiful as a rose and deadly as its thorns. Try to harass her and you might end up in the intensive care unit or in death. She has had a long experience in fighting. But Disney is probably just capitalizing on that. I'm afraid that the Mulan script may turn out to be rather sub-par while hoping a hotter Mulan will bait it out. I wonder will the attempt to do so be successful or not? Only time will tell!

Comments