Finally Caught Up With Beast Morphers And Hasbro's Next Power Rangers Plan


Ever since Hasbro bought the rights to Power Rangers from Saban - I still wonder is it a good thing? Granted, Saban's really been operating on a Krusty Krab mindset since Samurai then you know things won't look good. Then, you have Power Rangers skipping seasons such as when Go-Busters was skipped last 2013 in favor of Kyoryuger. Dino Charge for me was the only tolerable one though the whole summer hiatus has to be THAT stupid. Yup, Nickelodeon's summer hiatus is one good reason why I didn't only delete my slapstick fic - it's also another good reason to scream about frozen revenues when the money could've rolled in for Toei. Ninja Steel was even worse dumpster fire than Ninninger. If Ninninger made me skeptical if Super Sentai can still survive - Ninja Steel made me skeptical if Power Rangers can still survive. Now, we've got Hasbro's first direction with Power Rangers (though I wonder why Saban's name is still plastered on it rather than Hasbro's) and I asked whether or not Hasbro can save Power Rangers with Beast Morphers. Side note, I also once got skeptical about Super Sentai's future because Go-Busters doesn't look kid-friendly even if I'm a fan of the show. 

So how's Beast Morphers? I think Hasbro is actually doing something better than Saban in some way. I should just try to evaluate the show on its own script without thinking too much about Go-Busters. I was thinking about using less Super Sentai footage and filming more original footage - though I think the transition between American stunts to Japanese fight footage just boggles me. The use of original suit footage and not carrying over Enter and Escape is one thing. Another is creating the PR-exclusive villain known as Evox. Also, a new plot has Evox possessing the body of Mayor Daniels may or may not be the brightest idea. I also think that suddenly deciding to wake Blaze and Roxie up in the first half wasn't that good of an idea IMHO. I think having a plot where the bodies are stolen and the avatars merge with them could've been better. Also, I think the script throwing back all the way to Mighty Morphin' or adding "Go Go Power Rangers" needs to stop too.

What's the worst part with Beast Morphers? I'd always blame it on the lousy scheduling FIRST which gave me a really good reason to move away from Power Rangers. Waiting for an ENTIRE SUMMER before new episodes arrived (and it was still SEASON ONE) was like reading a book about paint drying in VERY SLOW MOTION. Here, the summer break during SEASON ONE really ruined things. Right now, Season 2 (fortunately the whole "super" thing is gone but still) will be subjected to it. I wonder WTF is up with the stupid summer break? Everything is just going with that trend making me wonder why is Nickelodeon doing it? Why hasn't Toei even intervened to put an end to the practice that SLOWS... DOWN... REVENUES? Hasbro still pays Toei for the rights to make the toys too. The revenue's in the toys too and the whole summer break is slowing things at a very unreasonable rate!



There's the latest news for Power Rangers this 2021. I wish Beast Morphers just ended FREAKING LAST YEAR. The whole unnecessary summer break can kill enjoyment. I was even wondering about what season they would try next due to the Power Rangers backlog. We realize that ToQGer, Zyuohger, Kyuranger, and Lupinranger vs. Patranger were skipped. I guess Hasbro didn't even know what to do with the really fine mess that Power Rangers got itself into with the deal since 2011 up to present. I even think that the whole idea of moving forward immediately with Ryusoulger thus skipping the shows must have a good reason. It's to at least try and lessen the backlog but I wonder will it even work.

As for skipping Kyuranger and Lupinranger vs. Patranger - was it because these shows are too expensive? It just reminds me of how highly budgeted Lost Galaxy was back in 1999. Lost Galaxy spent a lot on special effects to take Power Rangers further into space though there was only a cast of six human characters. Kyuranger took it way far with 12 rangers which had heavy expenses on human actors, suit doubles, and voice dubbers plus can Hasbro handle the mecha? Another thing worth noting is the huge ambition and innovation Lupinranger vs. Patranger had. Was Hasbro really thinking about cutting costs? I think maybe why Hasbro decided to deal with Beast Morphers was to have a rather low-risk scenario. I think taking on the rights to Kyuranger or Lupinranger vs. Patranger would totally ring the question, "Do we have a budget for it?" It's like when businessmen decide to drop certain plans because they feel they might be losing too much.

_______

I wonder how will Beast Morphers eventually turn out in the end. The big question I'd like to ask next though is, "Will Hasbro end up spelling the end this 2021 with a Ryusoulger localization?" Granted, I also had myself asking, "Will Toei end up spelling the end for Super Sentai with Ryusoulger?" later on while I was pretending to like it.

Comments