Megaman X5 Was Kinda Messy, That's Why I'm Glad Megaman X6 Existed

It's no secret that my favorite entry of the Megaman series is the Megaman X series. Sure, classic games have been fun to play - the last three entries did start to slip down. I would really want to review Megaman X5 which was supposed to end the X series but thankfully didn't. Right now, I do feel bad towards Keiji Inafune considering Mighty No. 9 doesn't get what it takes to succeed the Megaman franchise. Now, I'd like to think about how it's a pale follow-up to X4 and why I'm actually glad X6 existed. Yes, I believe my opinion will be unpopular but I'm willing to risk it.

So, I thought about what I hated about X5. I could understand if animated cutscenes were not included presumably due to memory space. However, I hate those "You just can't skip it!" cutscenes which had you press the X button A LOT and I mean A LOT. It was irritating having to pass through them AGAIN AND AGAIN. Okay, I could understand that it can't be helped during the first three X games because those were in the Super NES. Plus, they weren't as irritating as what X5 did with the cutscenes. But that's not where the AGONY ends.

The gameplay itself really starts to TICK ME OFF. I remembered nicknaming Alia (first introduced in this game) as the Kattlelox Reporter. Okay, that's a far fetch because the Megaman Legends series is obviously separate from the main continuity. However, she can get that annoying because every time she has a message - SHE PAUSES THE GAME. Was that even such a great idea? Fortunately, that problem was fixed in X6 which I'd say screw its haters. The gameplay was slowed down every time Alia had to say something - the game treated you like a toddler! That option NOT TO ANSWER Alia was a welcome thing. Also, the City Hall Mission in Legends was a lot easier to forgive because you could at least skip the reporter's annoying interrupting cutscenes! 

I could talk about the addition of armor here. One can always whine how difficult it was to get the armor pieces in X6. However, the armors in X6 were mostly more interesting. Sure, Falcon Armor lost its flight ability in X6 but it was still useful. I thought the Falcon Armor and Gaia Armor were just there to get more upgrades than anything else. I also thought that Falcon Armor was an improvement over Jet Megaman in Megaman 6. However, the Gaia Armor was anything but an improvement of Power Megaman from the same game. I felt that the Gaia Armor couldn't even break through shielded foes (unlike the Power Megaman armor) like the Shadow Armor in X6. I could say that Gaia Armor was way too slow it was a chore to use it.

Need I mention the parts you can get? One could always whine about the rescuable reploids that were too easy to die. True, but one could always have the brain to SAVE, QUIT, and RELOAD, right? TBH, the rescuable reploids in X6 were more enjoyable to rescue than what Megaman X7 had to offer. Right now, everybody who reads it here knows that X7 for me is the worst game in the X series. I still hate X7 with a passion until today. Sure, one had to get a ranking to equip them in X6 but the parts end up more useful. The enhancements in X5 were just pretty much you didn't lose much if you didn't get it. I think X6 by making players get the parts is part of the replay factor that made the game better than its predecessor. 

Overall, just my nostalgic throwback! 

Comments