Part Of Me Actually Enjoyed The Shao Kahn/Sindel Retcon (And Part Of Me Didn't)

 

I wrote how the Sindel revelation in Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath was pretty WTF. However, I realized that part of me enjoyed the Shao Kahn x Sindel retcon. I remember a quarrel I had over some a**hole who claimed he was Jerrod, I was Shao Kahn, and the woman was Sindel. The story back then was that Shao Kahn murdered Jerrod, forced Sindel to be his (but that woman reminds me of Mileena now), and adopted Kitana as his daughter. That was the story that people all grew up with.

The story went on in Mortal Kombat (2011). By then, I already overcome that so-called crush and recalled my real first crush. However, I still remember that A**HOLE and how he still messed up my life. I fantasized about performing a fatality on that A**HOLE and getting the woman back then. However, things changed when Mortal Kombat 11 came into the picture. 

Mortal Kombat 11 truly shaked things -- perhaps for the worse. Sindel's ladder ending reveals that she came up with the story of how she was forced to marry Shao Kahn -- lest she lose the loyalty of her subjects. The Aftermath story was where things get weird. Seeing Shao Kahn and Sindel as a villainous couple felt strange but vindicating. I felt those wounds start to heal from deep within. I felt it would've been flattering if that woman (who by the way, NEVER dated that a**hole) ended that a**hole's life for me. Part of me felt vindicated having a strange sudden imagination of that woman murdering that a**hole. 

The story went on with Quan Chi murdering Sindel -- instead of Sindel committing suicide. Was it planned or not? Mortal Kombat (2011) has Shao Kahn saying that Sindel's motives for ending her life remain a mystery. Quan Chi volunteered to resurrect Sindel. Would it fit well into the narrative that Quan Chi murdered Sindel? Shao Kahn may have discovered in some other way what truly happened. However, it's still THAT DIFFICULT to fit into the story. 

I still prefer Sindel's story as a tragic queen over the villain she became. Part of me is somewhat revolted. I look at that woman me and that a**hole fought for -- she reminds me of Mileena now. Part of me thinks that a**hole and her should've been a couple --like the original Baraka x Mileena shipping in the OG timeline. The tragic queen story reminds me that I'm over with my past. However, the Shao Kahn x Sindel retcon had a strangely pleasing effect on my bruised mind. Sure, that woman never liked the a**hole and I just wanted her for convenience reasons. The a**hole married someone else and so did that woman. The whole incident was just immature infatuation. 

I'd say half of my disgust was because that woman still reminds me of Mileena. She may not have razor-sharp teeth but she was hideous to look at. In fact, a huge part of me wishes that she and that a**hole ended up together. They're practically Baraka x Mileena -- not Jerrod x Sindel!

Comments