Why I'm Better Off Not Watching Power Rangers

Power Rangers Beast Morphers' release date of March 2, 2019 has been announced -- that would be 15 days before Kishinryu Sentai Ryusoulger will be aired on March 17, 2019. So what's the big issue I've been having with Power Rangers? I admit, I used to like some seasons but was only when there was nothing else to watch on TV. But now, there are fansubs and hopefully, Super Sentai will be accessible on Netflix in other regions. But now, I'd like to declare my right to remain negative about Power Rangers!

So what happened? I could go ahead and talk about why Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers no longer remains watchable due to the overextension that led to no clear finale. It's typical of plenty of successful American shows to just drop it mostly with a no conclusion -- then we fast forward to Power Rangers Zeo. One reason why I don't like Zeo is how it's just a continuation of Mighty Morphin' aside from the Tommy hype or that stupid Dear Tommy arc written by Douglas Sloan. We've had Power Rangers Turbo followed by Power Rangers in Space which wrapped up the Zordon era. I just felt like the whole Zordon era is a drag at best. PR in Space was popular enough to keep a franchise going for years to come. I thought Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue and Power Rangers Time Force were watchable but nothing much on their own.

Things started to go wrong with Power Rangers yet again. I thought about how the whole 40 episode format forces things to get rushed for a team of five people -- there wasn't much room for development. Disney ended up buying Power Rangers and I think things got even worse. I couldn't forget how Mara and Kapri just irritated me to no end in Power Rangers Ninja Storm. I could still think of how Power Rangers Dino Thunder ended up reviving the Tommy hype one way or another. I thought Power Rangers SPD has really very painful characters to watch. Disney would even cost cut even more by reducing the show from 38 to 32 episodes where everything is just freaking rushed!

Then Saban returned -- I thought he would fix things but no it just GOT. FREAKING.WORSE. Instead, he made it worse with his Krusty Krab mindset. EVERYTHING. GOES. BACK. TO. THE. MIGHTY. MORPHIN. HYPE. It's really that stupid how Power Rangers has refused to move forward from that! Then I watched Power Rangers Megafart for stupid reasons and ended up calling it the WORST. ANNIVERSARY. EVER. Power Rangers Dino Charge could've been watchable if it wasn't for the STUPID. SUMMER. BREAK. What's the big idea of Nickelodeon actually giving Power Rangers that kind of treatment? Nickelodeon used to be one of my favorite channels until Power Rangers, when Spongebob got worse and many of their best shows are way past their prime! Hmmm that's why you don't see my horrendous slapstick of Super Sentai and Nickelodeon teaming up anymore! I deleted it not because of negative but helpful reviews -- it's because my childhood is even further ruined in the present.Then Power Rangers Ninja Steel ends up even way more horrendous than Shuriken Sentai Ninninger!

The status of the said franchise is really that shaky. The two-season split is making me think WTF why do I have to even wait for a whole summer before the second half? It's really counterproductive. Sadly, Beast Morphers is still subjected to it. I even want to consider it a sinking ship already. While I don't believe Power Rangers ruins Super Sentai -- I still think I'm better off not watching it. The worse it gets -- the more I feel like that fans may end up checking out Super Sentai as a result. Now, Beast Morphers may just be that "final shot" and if it fails then maybe it's time to sing, "Bye Bye Power Rangers" already, huh?

Comments